Thursday, May 25, 2006

Who knew....

Daniela (Emma's mother) and I told Emma last night that Max, our dog, had passed away. We drove to Daniela's work and waited outside on a bench for her to finish up... well, more like I waited on a bench while Emma played with some kids that she had met less than 2 minutes from us getting there. We sat her down on the bench and I explained how every morning Max and Rusty get fed, but this morning, only Rusty got fed because Max's body stopped working and he went to sleep forever. She understood what I was saying, and was of course saddened, but didn't skip a beat. She asked how soon until she got another dog. God I love her.
On a separate note, I got a call from Daniela last night. The other dog, Rusty, did not take things so well. He spent most of the night baying and whimpering (something he has never done before) because his little buddy was not with him. At least, that's the only thing we could think of as to why he was so vocal. No matter how much they fought and ignored each other, there must have been a love between the two of them that only they knew. Who knew dogs have love/hate relationships as well...

No comments: