Thursday, July 6, 2006

withdrawal, employment, etc.

Withdrawal has already begun even though Monkey doesn't leave until Saturday morning. I will see her Friday for a little while, but then won't see her again for 10 days. I don't like this. She and her mom are going to the beach for 10 days. I've gone 7 days before. It was horrible, but I had things to do to keep me occupied. This time, I have nothing. Well, that's not true. I start a new job on Monday. That will keep me occupied during the day. But at night, I can already see myself sitting on my porch. Missing her and our routine. Smoking a shit-ton of cigarettes.

On a different note, 2 weeks ago I accepted an offer to work at a Robotics company in Durham. I have only been at Misys for 10 months, but decided that it was a strategic move. Strategic because it's a new, privately owned company that gives employees the ability to use their creative capacity to get the job done. I'm pretty fucking creative, at times. I think I'm a perfect fit. Not only will the job, company, and money kick ass, but I'll get to work again with one of my best friends from Kodak. I taught him alot of what he knows, so it will be easy to step into this role already knowing his expectations and already respecting his work ethic. Not to mention a built-in smoking buddy.

Let's see. Puppy fever has set in after going with Jessica to pick up her new Shit-zoo. A quick trip to the pound was just what I needed. I've decided on a chocolate lab. Good with kids. Docile (when they are older), easy to train, and just a great dog. I might have to wait until after Monkey's surgery and her new diet starts, because Gluten-free food is expensive! 3 bucks for a small box of noodles! Holy shit! I'm going to have to start donating plasma just to be able to afford to feed my child!

I had a party on Monday. It was AWESOME. My favorite people came over for wine, coffee and j.d., and whatever else we could think of to mix with coffee. Good friendship was definitely felt that night. I look forward to the next one.

No comments: